Thursday, May 20, 2010

I've got OLD Soul
rugged old dog
found in old home
paint pealed window pain
sun soaked cracked door
curled in corner of old beamed floor
waiting for his summer to come.

My tired OLD soul
rugged loose old ears
flea bitten old tears
basks in gold light
waits through dreamless nights
sleepless wandering through paint pealed halls
my body his basket, i his home.

My tired Dead soul
holds to dead dreams
summer gone dead leaves
cold in front of open fire
tired of life, tired of me.

We are not as scholars say
bodies with floating souls
but old souls with broken limbs.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Becky said...

this is GOOD! Is it yours?

10:12 pm  
Blogger Pat Thompson said...

yeah i guess it is. thank you.

12:57 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home